A perfect mix of historic and hip, downtown Rochester attracts both local residents and visitors from across the state of Michigan. Downtown Rochester is home to more than 400 shops, salons, restaurants and service businesses, 85% of which are independent merchants. Strategically located in affluent Oakland County, downtown Rochester attracts members of the automotive, sports and entertainment industries alike.
Downtown Rochester’s trade area includes more than 270,000 people in Rochester, Rochester Hills, Troy, Washington Township, Oakland Township, Shelby Township, Auburn Hills, Lake Orion, Orion Township and Oxford.
Average Household Income: $116,023
Median Home Value: $272,734
The Rochester area is home to three colleges and universities with a combined enrollment of over 90,000 students.
- Voted 52nd Best Place to Live by Money Magazine
- Located in one of the nation’s top five wealthiest counties
- 38,000 cars travel Main Street every day
- Home to the Royal Park Hotel, a four-star boutique hotel
- Certified member of the national “Main Street” Program
The Rochester DDA offers several programs to assist businesses including:
- Sign Grant Program
- Quarterly Business Seminars
- Quarterly Merchant Meetings
- Rochester Business Assistance Team (RBAT)
The Rochester DDA executes a nationally recognized downtown marketing program that invests more than $350,000 annually in the promotion of the downtown district including:
- In Town Magazine (bi-annual magazine distributed to over 50,000 households)
- Cooperative multi-media advertising opportunities
- Retail & image-building special events
- The award-winning Big, Bright Light Show, attracting more than one million visitors to downtown Rochester during the holiday season
Click to download the Business Brochure.